Wednesday 28 November 2007

Bunkai Articles Available

The picture on left here is of Mr. Iain Abernethy. My training colleagues at Newton Aycliffe Anshin Ryu karate have had the pleasure of training with Iain on a number of his kata / karate application causes.

I recommend you visit his web site. If you follow the link 'Articles' he has many articles available to view for free. However, the two articles I have read in full to date are:

The Pinan / Heian series as a fighting System and
The basics of Bunkai (Kata Application)

These articles have changed my perspective overnight. In doing so I have applied some of Iain's thought processes to a couple of katas and bunkai is just oozing from every sinew of my body.

I look forward to training with Mr. Iain Abernethy hopefully in the not to distant future. (I've hyper-linked Iain's web site here and on the side bar.)

If you follow the link and subscribe to Iain's free newsletter he offers two free e-books.
1) An Introduction to Applied Karate,
2)
The Application of the Pinan/Heian Katas.
Have fun.

No comments: